Looking for Netgear Router Login instructions and found this page? you have chosen the right page. In this article, you will be able to know all the details and get step by step instructions to setup your netgear router at www.routerlogin.net.
Netgear router is one among the leaders out there in the internet industry. Most of the people around the globe prefer netgear router for their homes, offices and workspaces because it’s one of the top and best routers out there. If you have got one at home or office, you may want to know the steps to configure the router at some point of time. Don’t worry, we are here to help you without a second question.
What Is Netgear Default IP Address?
Every other router works with a default ip address as their default gateway address. But netgear router works with both default IP address and default portal at www.routerlogin.net. We are going to show you both the methods using which you can login into netgear’s router to administrate the settings.
But for now, let’s find out the default ip address of netgear router through command prompt method. Just follow a couple of instructions mentioned below to find out the default ip address.
- For this method to work without any flaws, you must be using a windows computer.
- Turn on your pc or laptop and make sure that it is connected to the router through LAN network or wireless network to retrieve the default gateway ip address of netgear router.
- Now, go to the Search button (besides windows button) of your pc.
- Type command prompt and open up the command prompt app from there.
- Enter ipconfig/all in the command prompt as shown in the image above.
- Hit Enter button in the keyboard to retrieve the default gateway address of the netgear router now.
- Now, you will see the default gateway address as highlighted in the above image. The netgear default ip address is nothing but 192.168.1.1.
- You can note down the ip address for logging in to the portal later on.
Now, you are almost ready to login to netgear router login portal. You have two different ways but the approach is same because the portal is single and works with www.routerlogin.net and 192.168.1.1. Okay, let’s get into the process without further ado.
Netgear Router Login @ http://routerlogin.net
As said earlier, you have two different approaches and one with routerlogin.net and another one is with the default gateway address. Let’s now see the process of logging through the web portal address. Later on, we will see the process through the ip address because it could be difficult for you to retrieve the router ip address through the method mentioned above.
- Connect your computer or a mobile to the netgear router through LAN connection (recommended).
- Otherwise, you may connect your device via wireless network if you have logged into wifi connection on your device previously.
- Now, open a web browser of your choice but we recommend you use either google chrome or safari for netgear routerlogin portal.
- Once it is opened up, enter http://routerlogin.net in the url bar without https and trailing slash “/” in the url.
- Hit enter to load the routerlogin portal page and do not forget to stay calm while the page is getting loaded.
- You must also note that you cannot open this page on any of your devices if that is not connected to the netgear router through wireless or through LAN.
- Enter the username and password to authenticate the login process. If you do not remember the password or username, you can use the details shared below.
- Netgear Default username – admin
- Netgear Default Password – password
- The above details are case sensitive and you are required to enter the username and password in lower case only.
- Hit that “Login” button to validate the username and password. Once validated, you will be able to log into the portal.
This is the old method and many people still use this method. But there are two other methods to log into netgear router portal. One is through the ip address 192.168.1.1 and another one is through netgear nighthawk app.
Download netgear nighthawk app on your smartphone from the official website link shared above. Install the app from there or google play store to configure the settings of your router. You may also check out the detailed instructions to install and setup netgear router through nighthwak app.
- D-Link Router Login
- Linksys Router Login
- Arris Router Login
- ATT Wifi Manger Login
- MyFiosGateway Login
- Xfinity Router Login
- TP Link Router Login
How To Recover Netgear Router Password @ routerlogin.net?
It is very easy to recover the lost username and password of your netgear router. For that, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- The very first thing is to open router login net portal from any of the connected devices.
- You will see something like what we have shown below.
- Enter netgear default login username and password if you haven’t changed the password and see if that helps.
- Otherwise, hit that Cancel button to get the password recovery page.
- There, enter the username as “admin” and password as “password” just like that and log in. It works only one time and you will have to change the password under network settings menu at routerlogin.com portal.
- You have one more method which is resetting the router by using the reset button of the wifi box.
How To Update Netgear Router Firmware?
It is always suggested to update the firmware of your router for better connection. Here is a list of instructions that you can follow in order to update your router timely to avoid interruptions in the connection. Check out the steps that you need to follow in order to update netgear firmware.
- Open netgear router login portal by following the instructions provided above in this article.
- Login to the portal by entering the username and password. If you do not know them, you can use netgear default password and username for login process.
- Once you are logged in, go to ADVANCED settings from the home page.
- Then, go to ADMINISTRATION now.
- Hit ROUTER UPDATE option as a final step to see if there is an update available.
- If there is an update, you will see all the instructions out there.
- Hit “YES” and confirm the update.
That’s it! you are done with your netgear router software update. In general, you do not need to search for the firmware update manually. Whenever there is an update, you will get to know about it through notifications. But in case if you would like to check it manually, you can follow the above procedure.
In order to make apply the changes that you have made to your netgear router through www.routerlogin.net, restart the router. Once the router is restarted, all the changes will be saved and implemented.
So, you have finally gone through the simplest method to login to netgear router. We have shared the default username, password and clear instructions to deal with netgear router firmware update. If you wish to reset your router, you can do it without further instructions I guess. Otherwise, you can comment below, we are here to help you all the way.