Internet Speed Test will help you measure the speed of the internet connection that you are getting on your device from your wifi router, broadband, cellular, hotspot, etc. The internet speed checking test will help you understand the speed of your internet which in return helps in many instances such as while downloading your favorite movie or game, etc.
The test that we have shared on this page is provided by ookla. So, whenever you participate in the internet speed checking test, you will be able to measure Download Speed, Upload Speed, Ping Rate, Jitter, etc. Let’s go ahead and see one by one with proper details.
Download Speed will be measured in Megabits Per Second (Mbps). When you perform the speed test, the download speed of your internet connection will be measured at that particular point of time. You will see certain mbps as a result from the test. If you don’t believe the result, perform the test again to get clear idea about it.
Upload Speed is nothing but the speed of the internet connection through which your device can send data to the internet servers. This is very important when you want to send a file or a image or a video to someone over the internet. If the upload speed is slow, you won’t be able to send the file quickly.
Jitter is nothing but the inconsistency or the fluctuations that you get while using the internet. It is usually measured in milliseconds (ms). Lower the jitter, better the connection in terms of consistent speed without any fluctuations. Whereas, higher jitter will result in speed cuts in your connection and the internet connection will be instable.
Ping is nothing but the measurement of the time that takes to send a packet of data to the internet server and receive the packet of data from the server to your computer. It is measured in milliseconds (ms) and it is a clear indicator of the strength of the internet connection that you are using. Higher the ping rate, slower the connection and vice versa.
How To Improve The Speed Of Your Internet Connection?
Getting slow internet? don’t worry, you can try below mentioned tips to improve the speed of your internet connection. Make sure to connect your pc with router using the ethernet cable before you follow the tips.
Restart Your Wi-Fi Gateway Manually
Restarting the wifi gateway frequently ensures an issue free connection. To do that,
- Unplug the power connection from the back of the router gateway.
- Remove the battery if your router has battery.
- Unplug the phone cord from your gateway now.
- Wait for 30 seconds untouching the router/modem.
- Put the battery of your router/modem back in (applicable only if it has battery).
- Plug in the power connection to the power board and to the router.
- Make sure you don’t touch the router for at least 10 minutes while the router gateway is restarting itself for you.
Disconnect Devices You Are Not Using
It’s time to disconnect the devices that are not in use currently. Because, the devices that are not in connection with your wifi may affect the connectivity and cause issues if the names of the devices are identical. To do that,
- Login to 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 gateway address.
- Authenticate the login process with the username and the password.
- Go to Settings once you have logged in successfully.
- Then, go to Devices option.
- Under devices, you can see the option “Connected Devices”.
- Select the devices that you don’t want to save as a trusted connections and remove them from the list.
Place The Router In Central Location
When you want to use internet, you would probably place the router at some place in house right?. Did you ever think what’s the ideal position to place the router at home? let me tell you. It’s highly important to place the router at some center location of the house to make sure that the wifi signals reach the entire house.
So, when you don’t recieve the good internet connection, you should either change the location of the router or move the wifi devices nearer to the gateway.
There is one more option left to you; using a Wi-Fi Extender. Yeah, using which you can improve the range of your wifi connection.
Some More Important Tips For You
There are few other ways following which, you can improve the speed of your internet connection. Check them out and follow them without missing.
- Restart your devices frequently to solve the system errors and isssues.
- Close any movie streaming apps or music streaming apps after using them. That will ensure your device, not to run them in the background.
- Do not forget to turn off the automatic updates on your devices. You can turn it on when there are less connections to your wifi gateway.
- Update the operating system on your android phone or personal computer or iOS device.
- Update the anti-virus software on your devices (android or pc or iOS devices).
- Use Ethernet cable while you play games on your pc (recommended).