D Link Router Login process will be explained in this article, only for you. I have been personally using d-link router at home and the reason is simple, it’s one of the finest wireless routers to have at home. I have tried setting up almost every setting at D-Link Admin Portal.
Okay, let’s now discuss dlink router ip, default password, how to change router login password and few important settings in this article. In order to be able to do all the above mentioned tasks, you need to have an established connection between your D-Link router and your PC or Mobile Phone.
- Turn on your D-Link Router.
- Make sure that you have connected the data cable to your router and everything is in place.
- Connect your computer or laptop to the d-link router through cable. Or, you may connect your mobile phone to the d-link router through wifi network.
- No active internet connection is needed.
DLink Router IP Address [Default Admin IP Addresses]
DLink Router Password and Username
|D-Link Default Username||D-Link Default Password|
|admin||(blank by default)|
D Link Router Login Steps | D-Link Admin Login
- Connect your pc or phone to your d-link router, if you haven’t connected it already.
- Open a web browser on your device (smartphone or pc).
- Type 192.168.0.1 in the url bar and hit enter to load the d-link router login page.
- If the above ip is not working, enter http://dlinkrouter.local or http://dlinkrouter in the url bar and hit enter.
- You may also try 192.168.1.1 in the url bar if the above mentioned ip and d link router local address doesn’t work.
- Enter the username only if prompted. Otherwise, select the username from the drop down menu. D Link default username is “admin” without quotes.
- DLink router default password is blank. Which means that you don’t need to enter the password. It is only applicable if you haven’t changed the password already. So, you may need to enter it if you have set up a custom password to your d-link router.
- Arris Router Login
- TP Link Admin Login
- Xfinity Router Login
- ATTWifiManager Login
- MyFiosGateway Login
- NetGear Router Login
- MyRouter.local Login
How To Change D-Link Wifi SSID?
SSID’s full form is Service Set Identifier and it is used to indentify the wireless network. If you want to change the D-Link SSID, you may follow the instructions shared below.
- Firstly, enter dlink router ip and open the admin login page on your phone or computer.
- Login to the admin portal with the admin username and password.
- Go to Wireless Settings inside the admin panel and then, navigate to Manual Wireless Network Setup.
- You can see the option Wireless Network Name/SSID in the portal.
- Select that option and Enter Your New SSID.
- Hit Save Settings option to save the changes that you have made.
- Done! you have changed the SSID of your d-link wireless router.
Since you have changed the SSID of your router, all the connected devices will get disconnected. Now, you need to register the wifi network on your devices such as mobiles and pcs to start using wifi.
How To Change Wifi Password Of D-Link Router?
If you ever want to change dlink router password, you may follow the steps mentioned below.
- Firstly, open d-link router login page and type in the username and password to login.
- Now, go to Wireless Settings in the dashboard. Navigate to Manual Wireless Network Setup option now.
- Scroll down until you see the option Wireless Security Mode.
- Tap WPA-2 option and then, type your new password in the Pre Shared Key section. You may put alphabets, numbers and special characters in your new password but it should contain at least 8 digits.
- Hit Save Settings and done. You have successfully changed d-link router password.
Now, all the previously connected devices will not be able to connect to the wifi network of the d-link router. So, you will have to forget the network on your devices and re-connect to it with the new password.