192.168.8.1 is your router’s ip address which can be accessed by people like you form home. This ip address is assigned to your router and other routers as well. It can be used as a default web address for the router’s admin panel. So, you can login to 192.168.8.1 portal from the browser of your device and you don’t require active internet connection for this.
Since this is a local ip address, you don’t need internet connection. But you need to connect your smartphone or the personal computer to the same router’s wireless network in order to be able to open the portal at http://192.168.8.1. Are you ready? let’s proceed with this article to know how to login and make changes to your router settings.
Few Important Points To Remember Before Logging In
The very first thing that you need to take into consideration is, your router should be connected to the power connection and it should be turned on. Even though it is a very basic thing, it’s highly important. Let’s check out the other requirements shared below.
- Both the router and your device should be connected to each other with the wireless connection.
- The next important thig is the correct ip address of your router. Don’t worry, we have shared the ip address for you in this article.
- Lastly, the admin login details such as the username and password of the admin portal.
Confident enough? Let’s get ahead of this space and log into your router in order to be able to tweak it’s settings.
Also Try – Below Router Addresses:
192.168.8.1 Login & Administration @ http://192.168.8.1
We have shared the login ip address in the above heading itself. Don’t worry dear, you don’t need to copy paste it in the browser to go to the admin portal. We have written down the instructions that you need to follow.
- Visit the url http://192.168.8.1 on your phone or computer using the web browser. You will see the login page as shown in the image below.
- Once you are on the admin login page of your router, you are almost ready.
- Enter the username and password now and make sure that they are correct.
- Once you are done with entering the login details, you need to hit that “Login” option.
- Once that is done, you will be logged in.
What Else You Can Do On The Admin Panel Now?
Since you are logged in currently, you can literally perform a lot of tasks on the panel. Let’s see them one by one right below.
- Change The SSID of your router on the admin panel. It means that you are changing the display name of your wifi (wireless network).
- Change The Wifi Password but you need to enter the old password (current password) and new password to change it.
- Modify or change the router’s ip address. It means that you need to use the new address that you have entered in the admin panel for logging in to the panel from next time.
- Moreover, you can also control the number of connected devices.
- On the other hand, you will be able to configure the parental controls. When it is active, you can add the websites to block them under the router’s network and it can be well used by the parents in the house.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is 192.168.8.1?
It is one of the private ip addresses starting with the 192 series. People can use this ip address as their router’s admin panel’s web address for logging in.
2. Can I Access 192.168.8.I From Different Wireless Network?
No! you cannot open the ip 19216881 address from a different network other than your router’s wireless network.
3. Is 192 168 8 1 Used To Increase The Internet Speed Of The Router?
Yes, you can use this ip address to log into the admin panel and increase the speed of the internet by changing various settings.
No matter which router you are currently using for the internet connection at your home or office, you can open up the admin panel with 192.168.8.1 ip address. Sometimes, your ip address could be different and you should know that along with the username and password before trying to log in. Let us know about your login experience through the comments below.