The IP address 192.168.188.1 is one of the common factory IP addresses used for a consumer grade router. It means that the 192.168.188.1 ip address is a default gateway address of your wifi router. Not only yours but also to a wide range of router brands and various other models.
If you have chosen this page from the search results in order for 192.168.188.1 login, your choice is excellent. In this article, we are going to take you to the login page of your wireless router. Where you may enter the username and password (either default or custom details) for logging in.
Just in case if you haven’t changed the login details of your router’s admin page, the default username and password will work for you. We have shared the default username and password of your router box in this article. Just note them down on a paper or save them on your a note pad on your mobile or pc.
Default Username and Password for 192.168.1.1
|Default Username||Default Password|
Now, you are almost ready for logging into your wifi portal but make sure to note down the above default login details for your reference.
192.168.188.1 Login – Complete Tutorial Shared
Since, you have come here for logging to your wifi portal, we just want to fulfil your goal. For that, you need to follow the below guidelines with which you can easily log into 192.168 188.1 portal.
- Connect your pc to power connection and the router box too.
- Turn on Wifi on your pc and connect the pc to the wifi network that we are talking about.
- Once connected, you have to check few things such as the login details and DHCP Mode if your pc is connected to router through LAN or WAN.
- Now, open any web browser on your personal computer and enter 192.168.188.1 in the url bar andd hit enter button.
- Otherwise, you may enter http://192.168.188.1 without a trailing slash (/) and https. Moreover, you must not use “www” in front of the 192.168.188.l ip address at all.
- Take 5 to 10 seconds of time to wait while the page is getting loaded on your personal computer.
- Enter the default username and default password in there and hit login button.
How To Reset 192 168 188 1 Portal Login Details
Now, you need to note that the default username and password of the portal is not same with your wifi username and password.
Actually, the wifi username and password are used to connect your phone or any other gadget to the wifi network. Whereas, the 192.168.l88.l ip’s username and password are used to log into the portal to make the wifi settings.
The wifi settings such as the limit of no.of connected devices, parental controls, internet settings and other custom settings.
Okay, let’s see the procedure to reset the router’s default username and password for now. Then, we can see how to change the wifi username and password.
- Whenever you are unable to log into the portal with your custom username, password or with the default username and password, you can always rest it.
- Firstly, hit that “Reset” button which is avaiable at the right side of the “Login” button.
- Please wait while the reset page is getting loaded.
- You will be either shown to reset the username and password or you will be shown the default username and password for a successful login.
Is 192.168.188.1 Not Working? Check Out The Fix
I got my D-Link router back in 2015 and I was a noob that time. Didn’t even know how to configure the router and make the necessary changes to the settings. In fact, I didn’t know that there will be a portal ip address at which we can login and make changes to the settings.
Okay, those things apart! here is a list of fixes from which at least one of them may solve your issue. So, pay attention to all tips mentioned below.
- The very first thing thaat you need to be sure is the IP address. The portal’s IP address is 192.168.188.1 and you have to enter it in the url bar of the web browser.
- Make sure to avoid the similarly looking ip addresses because they may look identical but not the same. The examples are as follows.
- 192.168 188.1 (no proper separation between the numbers)
- 192 168 188 1 (not seperated by points or fullstops)
- 192.168.188.l (the last digit is not numerical 1 and it is alphabetical letter “l”)
- 192.168.188.I (the last digit is not number 1 and it is capital i “I”)
- Now, you need to check if there is any problem with the firewall settings on your pc. If you have setup firewall settings, that might be forcing the ip address to take alot of time to load than usual.
- Make sure to check if your pc is connected to any other network connection such as your mobile hotspot or some other connection.
- Finally, you may try resetting the router to it’s default settings. Don’t know that? just check out the below section where we have dicussed how to reset your router to it’s default settings.
Hope, you are happy about this tutorial. We have tried our best to provide everything related to 192.168.188.1 default gateway portal. If you still have any doubt regarding atomi wifi range extender or any other wifi extender, you may comment below. By using the IP address 192.168 188.1, you will be able to login to belkin range setting start asp page and all other router brands which includes netgear, dlink and asus.