192.168.0.1 is an IP address used to access administrative services of a wireless router. In fact, many router brands use this ip address as their default gateway address. Users can access the web portal at http://192.168.0.1 and perform various important tasks such as changing wifi password, limiting no of connected devices and more.
Stick to this article till the end to know the process of logging in from your phone or personal computer. We have also included various useful sections to teach you about recovering forgot password, updating router firmware, changing router’s ip address and everything related to the SSID as well.
By the end of this article, you will be able to login, setup parental controls, and fix various issues related to your wifi router. But you need to make sure that you follow all the step by step instructions shared below.
Important Requirements for Successful Login & Administration
There are handful areas where you need to be very careful at. Let’s go through them one by one and you will be good to go after that.
1. Make Sure That You Have Connected To The Same Router
This is the first and most important thing for you in order to be able to log into 192.168.0.1 admin panel. Whenever you try to access the admin pane with the ip address 192.168.0.1 when you are not connected to the same router, you will see an error message.
In order to avoid that, it is highly recommended that your device should be connected with the same router’s wireless connection.
2. Make Sure That The Host Address 192.168.0.1 Is Correct
In order to avoid accessibility issues with your router, you should make sure that the ip address has no mistypes. Many people out there think the zero (0) is an alphabetical (o) and enters 192.168.o.1 instead of the correct ip address.
That will not load up the admin page of your router because there should be any kind of alphabets in the router ip address. For your clarity, you may check out variety of mistypes by people in this article below.
3. Make Sure The Username and Password Are Correct
It is always recommended to change the password of your router for safety reasons. Otherwise, anyone can log into 192.168.0.1 portal and make changes. So, if you have changed the password previously, you need to enter that new password for logging in now.
If you have not yet changed the password, you can use the default username and password for logging in. In case you don’t remember the password that you have changed previously, you may reset the router. Just stick to this page to know the details about resetting the router.
Also Try – Below Router Addresses:
Default Usernames & Passwords [Details]
Here is a list of usernames and password that you can try today. It is highly recommended to use these login details only if you have not changed the SSID and Password of your router in past.
|Default Username||Default Password|
|admin||- (no password)|
192.168.0.1 Login – Wifi Router Admin Panel Login
Follow the instructions below for a successful login to 192.168.0.l page. Later, you can configure the settings of your wireless router easily.
- Connect your device device (phone or pc) to the router via ethernet cable or wireless connection.
- Open up the google chrome browser or microsoft edge browser on your device now.
- Type http://192.168.0.1 in the url bar with http:// or you can simply type 192.168.0.1 and hit enter.
- Now, a login page of your wireless router will be opened up.
- Type in the default login information such as the username and password.
- Hit “Login” button now.
- Once you are inside the wifi router’s configuration page, you can make necessary changes you need.
Trouble logging in? try out the tips shared below for a successful login to 192.168.0.l router portal.
Forgot Router IP Address? – Here Is A Method
We don’t generally remember the router IP address all the time. If you have come across any such situation, here is a simple method to find out the IP address of your router on windows.
- The first thing that you can do is to try different default router ip addresses such as 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1, etc.
- If you still can’t access the router’s admin page, you can ping the router ip address through command prompt.
- Open command prompt on your windows pc and enter the following command.
- Type the command line ipconfig | findstr/i “Gateway” and hit enter.
- The command lines for mac is netstat – nr | grep default.
- The command lines for linux pc is ip course | grep default.
- Once you hit enter after entering any of the above command lines in the terminal (command prompt), you will receive your router’s ip address in the output.
Forgot Login Username and Password?
There are certain instances where we forget either username or the password. Not to worry though, you can restore your password or reset it by following a very few simple guidelines shared below.
- The very first thing that you should try when you are not able to login is to try out the default username and password.
- If that is not working for you, you have to reset your router/modem to it’s default settings.
- Take the router to your hand and make sure that it is connected and working.
- Press the reset button which is at the back of the router and hold it for about 15 seconds.
- The router/modem will be reset to it’s default settings including the default username and password.
- Once the reset is over, you can use the default username and password while logging into 192.168.0.1 admin dashboard.
How To Change The IP Address To 192.168.0.1?
If you have found that your router’s IP address is not 192.168.o.l, you can change it easily. Follow the below steps.
- Visit http://192.168.1.1 on your phone or pc when it is connected to the same router.
- Enter the username and password and hit login button to log in successfully.
- Once logged in, go to Setup section and then choose the path Internet > IP Address.
- In some routers, you need to go to Setup > Network Settings > Router Settings > Router IP Address.
- Click on the IP address and you will be able change it to any IP address that you want.
- You may remove the old IP address and enter 192 168 1 1 and hit apply or save changes.
How To Change SSID (Username) @ 192.168.0.1 Admin Panel
If you want to change the name of your wireless network, you can do it from the admin panel. Don’t get confused by the term SSID because it’s nothing but the name of the wifi connection.
- Go to 192.168.o.1 ip address using any web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Enter the login details and log into the portal successfully.
- Go to Settings of the router now.
- Scroll down to the option SSID or Wifi Name.
- Click on the name of the wireless network and remove the old name.
- Type any new name you want to have for your wifi connection.
- Hit Apply or Save Changes button now to apply the new name (SSID) to your wireless connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is 192.168.0.1?
It is the most common yet popular ip address used by wireless routers and modems. Through which, the administrators of the wifi connection can log in and make necessary changes to the router settings.
2. The IP Address 192.168 0.1 Belongs To Which IP Version?
The above IP address belongs to version 4 of IP address (IPv4). It is also known as the IPv4 default gateway address for a wireless router or a modem.
3. Can I Access 192.168.0.I page From Mobile Hotspot Connection?
No, you cannot actually open 19216801 page on your phone or pc if it is connected to a mobile hotspot. Because, your mobile is not your router and you cannot make any kind of changes to the settings of it via this portal.
So, you have come to the end of this tutorial on how to login to 192.168.0.1 on pc or phone. Please follow the guidelines shared on this guide to be able to change the settings of your router. Moreover, you need to be sure about what you are going to do, otherwise, everything might mess up like anything. If you have any such issues with your router, you can comment below this article.