We all know that the ip address 10.0.0.1 is nothing but an IP address. If you are also feeling the same about this ip address, you have to know more about it. 10.0.0.1 is sort of a router’s default ip address which is unique to wireless routers only. It can be used by any router brand and model.
I guess, whatever the router or modem that you are using may have 10.0.0.1 as your default gateway address. Let’s stick to this article and follow all the steps mentioned below in order to log into your router’s admin page.
Once you are logged into the admin page of your router (for example: Xfinity Comcast or Netgear or Cisco), you will be able to make all necessary changes to the settings without any kind of a trouble.
Is it not working for you? let’s try out below IP addresses then…
Default Username and Password for 10.0.0.1
How To Login to 10.0.0.1 Admin Portal?
In order to login to 10.0.0.1, you will have to follow the below provided instructions carefully.
Step 1: The very first step that you should be doing is the correct ip address that your wifi router or modem is using. You may see the IP address on the back of your router box or modem box. Otherwise, you may use the command prompt or terminal on windows or mac or linux with “ipconfig” command.
Step 2: Now, you need to open up the http://10.0.0.1 ip address on your pc or mobile device without using any kind of asterics and trailing slashes.
Step 3: Make sure that the ip address that you have entered in the browser’s url bar is correct and does not have any kind of mistakes in it.
Step 4: Once the 10001 admin page is opened and loaded properly, you will have to enter the username and password.
Step 5: If you do not know the username or password or both. You may get the default logins for 10.0.0.1 admin page from the above table.
Step 6: If you have changed either username or password or both in past. You may not be able to use the default logins that we have shared on this page. So, please make sure that you haven’t changed those details. Otherwise, you will have to reset the password.
Unable To Access 10.0.0.1 Admin Page? We Have A Fix For It
Sometimes, you may not be able to access the admin page even though following the above instructions carefully. In such a case, you must follow the below instructions to fix the problem and to login to the portal without any issues.
- The very first thing that you will have to check is, have you entered the correct portal ip address in the URL bar of the browser?.
- Kindly double check that the ip address is exactly 10.0.0.1 and it does not have any mistakes such as the similar ip addresses mentioned below.
- The above ip addresses are the mistypes of the actual ip address 10.0.0.1, which you should be using for the admin page.
- If you still can’t be able to figure out the issue, you may restart the router once and try following the instructions again.
- In case if the problem is not yet solved, you must check if your router brand or model is using any other different ip address than 10.0.0.1.
- Last but not least, your computer or phone on which you are performing the aforementioned steps should be connected to your wireless router. This is a very important step and it has a great success rate if followed right.
Router Manufacturers Using 10.0.0.1 IP As Default Gateway Address
The ip address that we are talking about can be used by any brand and model. There is no such thing that a particular ip address should be used by a particular company or a brand. So, you don’t have to worry about it at all. Let’s check out the most popula manufacturers that are using the 10.0.0.1 ip as their default gateway address.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is 10.0.0.1 Actually?
It is an IP address which can be used by the portals and admin pages of the routers and modems. Using the 10.0.0.1 ip address, users of the router/modem can log into their admin page and configure settings.
2. What Is The Default Username for 10.0.0.1?
The most common username for the above asked ip address is “admin”. All the letters are smallcase and it’s case sensitive in nature.
3. What Is The Default Password for 10.0.0.1?
The most common password for the above asked gateway address is “password”. Every letter from the word password or smallcase letters and they are case sensitive too.
4. How To Access 10.0.0.1 Admin Page On My Device?
It’s quite simple, let’s first connect your device (PC or Phone) to the router or modem wirelessly or using LAN port/cable. Open the web browser and enter http://10.0.0.1 in the url bar and hit enter to land on the login page. Enter the username as admin and passcode as password and hit login.
5. Can I Configure My Router’s Settings on 10.0.0.1 gateway portal?
Of course, YES! the whole point of this article itself is the ability to configure the settings of your router box/wireless connections.
In this article, we have discussed about 10.0.0.1 login steps and process. Now, you may easily log into the admin panel of your router box from home using a pc or a mobile device. Then, you may easily configure the settings of your wireless connection. Have a doubt? don’t hesitate to ask us in the comments section below this article.